God desires to bring His children into greater depths of intimacy, oneness, and Christ-likeness. He does so by what is often called “sanctification”—the process of being set apart and made holy. This lifelong process of sanctification brings about holiness, transformation, character, godliness, and life. In this episode of the Deeper Christian Podcast, I talk about 6 convicting questions God has used to do just that in my own personal life and invite you to ask these of yourself to allow the Holy Spirit to convict and bring about change in your own life.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 040 Overview
In this episode …
- we briefly talk about sanctification and the importance of allowing God to transform us all throughout our lives
- I ask six powerful and convicting questions that can be used to press you deeper into Jesus
- I mention the Holy Club of Oxford and the 21 questions they asked themselves everyday
- we listen to a sermon clip from Stephen Manley called The Supply of the Word
Show Notes / Additional Resources
6 Convicting Questions To Ask Yourself
- Is there anything in my private life I would hesitate to make known for the shame it would bring my name?
- Is there anything in my private life I would hesitate to make known for the shame it would bring His Name?
- Do I live my private moments carelessly or circumspectly?
- Do I speak the Gospel in private with my life, my actions, my thoughts, my purity, my motives, and my speech?
- Would the world have anything to hold over me?
- Is my private life with God different than my public life with God?
Other Resources Mentioned
- Read the Article: 21 Questions to Ask Yourself Daily from the Holy Club of Oxford
- Download the printable version of the 21 Questions by clicking the button below:
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Help Others Out – Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as iTunes uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
Join the Conversation
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation. This week’s question …
Question: Which of the six questions is the most convicting to you? Why? Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
About NRJohnson & the deeperChristian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The deeperChristian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.