In Exodus 15, God reveals His Name as “Jehovah Rapha”—God is healer. In the Exodus passage, the Israelites have nothing but bitter waters, but God tells Moses to toss a tree into the waters, and the waters become sweet. In the same way, God (who loves to heal), desires to plant a tree in every bitter area of our lives—sin, defeat, habits, addiction, depression, etc.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 042 Overview
In this episode …
- you will discover that God loves to heal … and desires to do so in your life
- you will find that healing goes far beyond the physcial
- you will realize that every twisted area of our lives must be brought to the cross of Christ
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Exodus 15:22-26: So Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea; then they went out into the Wilderness of Shur. And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah. And the people complained against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?” So he cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a tree. When he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet. There He made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them, and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”
- Colossians 2:9: For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; …
- Hebrews 1:3: [Jesus] who being the brightness of [God’s] glory and the express image of His person …
- John 20:30: And truly Jesus did many other signs [miracles] in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; …
- John 21:25: And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.
- Isaiah 53:5: But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
- Isaiah 61:1: “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; …
- Psalm 103:2-5: Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- Psalm 147:3: He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds.
- Psalm 41:4: I said, “LORD, be merciful to me; Heal my soul, for I have sinned against You.”
- Jeremiah 3:22a: “Return, you backsliding children, And I will heal your backslidings (turning away, apostasy, backsliding, rebellion).”
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Help Others Out – Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as iTunes uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
Join the Conversation
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation. This week’s question …
Question: How has God healed the bitter areas of your life? Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
About NRJohnson & the deeperChristian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.