I have been in a camp-meeting all week, preaching to Junior Highers in Brown City, Michigan. It has been a tremendous week and God has been moving. Because of all day youth activities and a variety of projects I am working on, I thought this week rather than a normal post on Saturation Bible Study we could hear some thoughts on study and Scripture from great heroes of yesteryear. May these quotes press you ever deeper into Jesus and His Word.
- Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years. – Charles Spurgeon
- The Bible is shallow enough for a child not to drown, yet deep enough for an elephant to swim. – Saint Augustine
- Where one man reads the Bible, a hundred read you and me. – DL Moody
- A readiness to believe every promise implicitly, to obey every command unhesitatingly, to stand perfect and complete in all the will of God, is the only true spirit of Bible study. – Andrew Murray
- Nothing less than a whole Bible can make a whole Christian. – AW Tosser
- My conscience is captive to the Word of God. – Martin Luther
- The most foolish person in the world is the one who has the opportunity to read, absorb, digest, live in, be immersed in worship-reading the Bible, but doesn’t do it because of PREOCCUPATION with other things of this world. – Rex B. Andrews
- Am I willing to trade my addiction to the world’s entertainment for more time with my Bible? – Leslie Ludy
- One of these days some simple soul will pick up the Book of God, read it and believe it. – Leonard Ravenhill
- The time I spend with God determines both the direction and quality of the time I spend elsewhere. – Randy Alcorn
- An honest man with an open Bible and a pad and pencil is sure to find out what is wrong with him very quickly. ― AW Tozer
- We shall not benefit from reading the Old Testament unless we look for and meditate on the glory of Christ in its pages. – John Owen
- The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible. – DL Moody
- Nothing is more needed among preachers today than that we should have the courage to shake ourselves free from the thousand and one trivialities in which we are asked to waste our time and strength, and resolutely return to the apostolic ideal which made necessary the office of the pastorate. (We must resolve that) we will continue steadfastly in prayer, and in the ministry of the Word. – G. Campbell Morgan
- Those whimpering Stateside young people will wake up on the Day of Judgment condemned to worse fates than these demon-fearing Indians, because, having a Bible, they were bored with it – while these never heard of such a thing as writing. – Jim Elliot
- Those who read fast, reap no more advantage than a bee would by only skimming over the surface of the flower, instead of waiting to penetrate into it, and extract its sweets. Much reading is rather for scholastic subjects, than divine truths. – Jeanne Guyon
- We should read the Bible as those who listen to the very speech of God. – FB Meyer
- I desire to handle the Word of God so that no man may ever find an excuse in my ministry for his living without Christ. – Charles Spurgeon
- Beware of reasoning about God’s Word. Obey it. – Oswald Chambers
- The Bible does not stutter. – Eric Ludy
- The vigour of our spiritual life will be in exact proportion to the place held by the Bible in our life and thoughts. – George Muller
- Where are you saturating? – Jeremiah Bolich
Know any great quotes on Scripture or Bible Study? Include them in the comment section below!
Like a good quote?
Check out the deeperChristian QUOTES
or sign up to receive quotes daily in your inbox!