The Christian world appears to be searching for the blessings of God in all the wrong places. A movement of “health, wealth, and prosperity” have taken over the focus of many believers. But Paul declares that all the blessings of God can be found in one place. In this episode of the deeperChristian Podcast, we dive into a study of Ephesians 1:3-14 and discuss where to find God’s blessings for your life.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 039 Overview
In this episode …
- we talk about God’s blessings and where to find them
- we give an overview of Ephesians 1:3-14, with a specific focus on verse three
- we listen to a clip from T. Austin-Sparks’ sermon The Mighty Presence of God
Show Notes / Additional Resources
Bible Verses Mentioned
- Ephesians 1:3-14 — Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth–in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (Adjective)
- who has blessed us (verb)
- with every spiritual blessing (noun)
- Blessings found in Jesus: You are … Chosen, Accepted, Made Holy, Made Blameless, Adopted as Children, Redeemed, Forgiven, Given all Wisdom and Prudence, sealed with the Holy Spirit, and a partaker of the Mystery.
- Romans 8:28 — And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- 1 John 4:8, 16 — He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. … And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
- 2 Peter 1:3 — as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, …
- Psalm 16:11 — You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- Galatians 5:22-23 — But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
- Jeremiah 1:5 — “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
- Genesis 1:1 — In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
Help Us Out – Leave a Rating & Review on iTunes
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as iTunes uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
Join the Conversation
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation. This week’s question …
Question: Are there any topics or concepts you’d like to hear on the podcast? Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
About NRJohnson & the deeperChristian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The deeperChristian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.