As a Christian, we long to grow spiritually, know Jesus more intimately, and have a greater understanding of His Word.
In part two of this five-part series, we examine the second pillar to Christian growth: studying God’s Word.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 4 Overview
In this episode, we continue our series looking at the second pillar of spiritual growth: study. You will learn …
- The single most important reason why you should study and read the Bible
- Why God’s Word is like a spiritual barometer in our lives
- That studying Scripture is supposed to be more than information and academics and all about knowing Jesus
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Book: 5 Pillars of Christian Growth
- Check out the deeperChristian articles on how to study the Bible
- Your involvement with Scripture is like a spiritual barometer
Great Quotes In The Episode
- “Remove Christ from the Scriptures and there is nothing left.” — Martin Luther
- “The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible.” — DL Moody
- “The Bible was not given for our information but for our transformation.” — DL Moody
- “The Bible wasn’t meant to be a coaster, a door prop, or a dust collector.” — NRJohnson
Join the Conversation
Question: What is the greatest struggle you face in studying the Bible?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.