Knowing our God and recognizing His voice is essential when we come to prayer.
John 10 reminds us that Jesus is the Good Shepherd and that His sheep know His voice. But how can we know the voice of our Shepherd and how can we recognize Him from the other noises and distractions from the “imposters” speaking today.
In this episode, Nathan Johnson talks about John 10 and not only how important it is to know His voice, but gives a couple of ideas on how to attune your ear to His voice.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- John 10:b3-5 – The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.
- John 10:14 – I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. (John 10:14-15 ESV)
- Autobiography of Darlene Deibler Rose
Ideas to Help You Know God’s Voice
- Get to know God Himself … through reading and studying His Word (the Bible).
- Be still and silent before the Lord (see Psalm 46:10). Learn to listen so you can actually hear His voice.
- Walk in the light He has already given you. Live a life of obedience and response in faith.
Join the Conversation
Question: How has knowing God’s voice changed the way you pray?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
About the Deeper Christian Podcast
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. The Deeper Christian Podcast helps equip Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
Whether you want to learn how to study God’s Word, grow in your faith, cultivate a powerful and effective prayer life, share the Gospel boldly, deepen your intimacy with Jesus, live victoriously, or transform the world through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit, the Deeper Christian Podcast with NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) will encourage and equip you to grow spiritually and live a Christ-centered life.