We live in a season where fear, anxiety, and burdens abound. Lawlessness reigns. Covid continues. The upcoming election creates unsettling uncertainty.
But as Christians, what do we do with the fear, anxiety, cares, and burdens?
In this episode, Nathan Johnson talks about the importance of casting our burdens upon the Lord – rolling the weight of our burdens upon the shoulders of Jesus Christ.
Find freedom, peace, and life in Jesus … for He cares for you.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Psalm 37:5 – Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.
- Charles Spurgeon on Psalm 37:5 – “Commit thy way unto the Lord. Roll the whole burden of life upon the Lord. Leave with Jehovah not thy present fretfulness merely, but all thy cares; in fact, submit the whole tenor of thy way to him. Cast away anxiety, resign thy will, submit thy judgment, leave all with the God of all. What a medicine is this for expelling envy! […] How blessed must he be who lives every day in obedience to it!”
- Matthew 11:28-30 – Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
- 1 Peter 5:7 – … cast all your anxieties (cares, worries, burdens) on Him, because He cares for you.
- cast: to throw, to place something
- Luke 19:35 – And they brought it to Jesus, and throwing their cloaks on the colt, they set Jesus on it.
Join the Conversation
Question: Are you carrying your burdens or allowing Jesus to carry them?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
About the Deeper Christian Podcast
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. The Deeper Christian Podcast helps equip Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
Whether you want to learn how to study God’s Word, grow in your faith, cultivate a powerful and effective prayer life, share the Gospel boldly, deepen your intimacy with Jesus, live victoriously, or transform the world through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit, the Deeper Christian Podcast with NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) will encourage and equip you to grow spiritually and live a Christ-centered life.