While many believers esteem a life of thanksgiving, we don’t know how to actually live it.
In this episode, Nathan talks about four practical ways we as Christians can live a life of thanksgiving every day of our lives.
Listen to or download the episode
1. Allow the Holy Spirit to search your life to see what’s on the inside
Thanksgiving starts with the inward reality of thanksgiving on the inside of our lives.
2. Thanksgiving sometimes has to be a choice
- Root word of “thanksgiving” is charis (rejoice) – the idea is: leap for joy
- Philippians 3:1 – Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord.
- Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
- Colossians 1:24 – I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice always, praying without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- 1 Peter 4:13 – … but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings …
3. Thanksgiving helps us defeat sin … but giving into sin sucks thanksgiving out of us
4. Thanksgiving comes from Jesus – He is the source of our joy and thanksgiving
- Psalm 16:11 – You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Join the Conversation
Question: What ways have you found to practically live a life of thanksgiving?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
About the Deeper Christian Podcast
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. The Deeper Christian Podcast helps equip Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
Whether you want to learn how to study God’s Word, grow in your faith, cultivate a powerful and effective prayer life, share the Gospel boldly, deepen your intimacy with Jesus, live victoriously, or transform the world through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit, the Deeper Christian Podcast with NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) will encourage and equip you to grow spiritually and live a Christ-centered life.