Paul tells us in Ephesians 1:4 that we have been chosen before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless BEFORE HIM.
Interestingly, this statement “before Him” not only reveals our sinful condition but also gives the solution – that the only way we can live holy, blameless lives is to get nose-to-nose with God Himself … for it is in embracing the Holy One that we find ourselves holy.
This is not a call to legalism or to certain activities as much as it is to become different – to have a different nature – which will change everything in our lives.
Join Nathan Johnson in this expositional study in the blessings of God found in Ephesians chapter one.
Holiness Nose-to-Nose (Ephesians 1:4)
Watch the Video
Video coming soon.
Listen to and Download the Lesson
Subscribe to the Podcast
A Simple Bible Study Resource
Key Passage: Ephesians 1:4
Ephesians 1:4 – “… just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love …”
2 IDEAS OF BEFORE
- Picture: God, the Judge, is looking down from His chair, high and lifted up and sees the totality of the case and will pass judgment
- He is judging based on the holiness and unblemishedness of our lives
- He is scrutinizing our lives, like the priests in the OT, to see if there is any spot or impurity or sin
- We don’t have a choice on whether to stand before Judge
- Our only choice is the quality of our lives: Is your life going to be one of righteousness, holiness, and blamelessness … or is your life going to be marked by sin, defeat, depravity, destruction, dishonor, and death?
- It is in the standing nose to nose with the King that we become holy and unblemished (imparted)
- In Scripture, holiness is always a positive
- not a separation from but a separation unto
- not what you don’t get to do, but what you can
Oneness Produces & Reveals Holiness
Oneness Produces & Reveals Holiness Which Defines Your Life
In Our Next Study Together …
I invite you to join me on this journey from the book of Ephesians to discover God’s eternal purpose, His plan for your
- Focus of our next study: Ephesians 1:4-5
- We will examine the phrase “in love” found in Ephesians 1:4-5
- I encourage you to read through Ephesians a couple of times this week and focus specifically on the blessing section found in Ephesians 1:3-14.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as iTunes uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series in Ephesians is an in-depth verse-by-verse study of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. These studies will guide you through this life-changing book of the Bible and give you practical application to help you grow in your faith, gain greater intimacy with Jesus, experience the victorious Christian life, and help you build your life around Jesus Christ.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the
Read more about him here.