At the end of Ephesians chapter one, Paul declares the purpose of God is that we (the church) might be filled with the fullness of God.
What a marvelous reality that we as believers have access to!
The God of the universe wants to indwell our lives and showcase Himself in and through us. In this study, Nathan Johnson explores this concluding passage of Ephesians one and exhorts us to live filled with the fullness of God.
Listen to and Download the Lesson
A Simple Bible Study Resource
Key Passage: Ephesians 1:23
Ephesians 1:23 – “…which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.”
- Matthew Henry – “And yet the church is said to be his fulness, because Christ as Mediator would not be complete if he had not a church. How could he be a king if he had not a kingdom? This therefore comes in to the honour of Christ, as Mediator, that the church is his fulness.”
- Colossians 2:9-10 – For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.
- Ephesians 3:19 – … and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- Ephesians 4:13 – [we are to attain to His fullness] – … until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ…
- Romans 11:36 – For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
- 2 Peter 1:3-4 – His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
- Romans 8:12-39
- 2 Corinthians 4:7-10 – But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
- Ian Thomas: The Christian life can be explained only in terms of Jesus Christ, and if your life as a Christian can still be explained in terms of you – your personality, your willpower, your gift, your talent, your money, your courage, your scholarship, your dedication, your sacrifice, or your anything – than although you may have the Christian life, you are not yet living it!
- Acts 4:13 – Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.
In Our Next Study Together …
I invite you to join me on this journey from the book of Ephesians to discover God’s eternal purpose, His plan for your
- Focus of our next study: Ephesians 2:1-4
- We will begin our study of Ephesians 2
- I encourage you to read through Ephesians a couple of times this week and focus specifically on the section Ephesians 2:1-10
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series in Ephesians is a Christ-centered practical in-depth verse-by-verse study of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. Join NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) as he expositionally preaches from this incredible book – which will help you grow in your faith, gain greater intimacy with Jesus, and understand how to study God’s Word.
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. Deeper Christian equips Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the
Read more about him here.