Two of the greatest words in Scripture – a summation of the Gospel – is “But God.”
These two little words contains a summary of God’s mercy and love, the expression of forgiveness and redemption
In this message, Nathan Johnson examines Ephesians 2:4 and looks at the powerful truth these two words hold for our lives.
Listen to + Download the Study
Key Passage: Ephesians 2:4
Ephesians 2:4 – “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us …”
A Simple Bible Study Resource
- D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones: If you want to know the greatness of God’s power you have got to realize the depth of sin, you have got to realize the problem which confronted God, you have got to realize the problem that confronts you. (D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Eph2, p8-9)
- Romans 5:8 – but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
- Colossians 1:12-14 – giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- Matthew 18 (story of the King forgiving the debt of 10,000 talents … 150,000 years of human labor)
- Luke 15 (God goes after the one)
- Psalm 130:7 – Let Israel wait for (or “hope in”) the LORD! For mercy is found with the Lord; with Him is great redemption.
In Our Next Study Together …
I invite you to join me on this journey from the book of Ephesians to discover God’s eternal purpose, His plan for your
- The focus of our next study: Ephesians 2:4
- We will examine the abundant and rich mercy (Hesed) of God throughout the Bible.
- I encourage you to read through Ephesians a couple of times this week and focus specifically on Ephesians 2:1-10.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Ephesians” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series in Ephesians is a Christ-centered practical in-depth verse-by-verse study of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. Join NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) as he expositionally preaches from this incredible book – which will help you grow in your faith, gain greater intimacy with Jesus, and understand how to study God’s Word.
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. Deeper Christian equips Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
About NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson)
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the
Read more about him here.