How to Study the Bible Mini-Series: Part 1
In this mini-series, we are going to learn how to study the Bible.
In this first episode, we look at the necessity of experiencing spiritual heartburn.
In Luke 24, the two disciples Jesus met with on the road to Emmaus said, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”
This same spiritual heartburn is needed in each of us when we approach God’s Word – for it is more than an academic study but a pursuit of God Himself through His Word.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Luke 24:27 – And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
- Luke 24:32 – They said to each other, “Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”
- 1 Corinthians 2:2 – For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
- 2 Corinthians 11:3 – But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
- Acts 8:35 – Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.
- John 17:3 – And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
- Get some beginning helps for Bible Study
Join the Conversation
Question: How have you experienced spiritual “heart burn” for God’s Word?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
About the Deeper Christian Podcast
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. The Deeper Christian Podcast helps equip Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
Whether you want to learn how to study God’s Word, grow in your faith, cultivate a powerful and effective prayer life, share the Gospel boldly, deepen your intimacy with Jesus, live victoriously, or transform the world through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit, the Deeper Christian Podcast with NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) will encourage and equip you to grow spiritually and live a Christ-centered life.