The Christian life is all about our position in Christ.
Yet many Christians will either know their position and not live it out or they try to produce “religious activities” out of their own strength and resource without having the life of Christ within. Both can be dangerous.
In Paul’s epistle to the Ephesians, he spends half the letter addressing their position in Christ, and then exhorts them to live it out in the everyday moments of their lives.
Join Nathan in this expositional study as he talks about the practical outflow of our position in Christ as we begin to study the second half of the book.
Listen to + Download the Study
Key Passage: Ephesians 4:1
Ephesians 4:1 – Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called …
A Simple Bible Study Resource
Two Wrong Applications
- Posture – Doing Christian activity without the source (life) of Christ within
- Matthew 7:21-23 –“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’”
- John 15:1-2, 4-5 – “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. … Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.”
- Ephesians chapters 4-6 must flow out of Ephesians 1-3
- Passivity – Have the understanding and position but not living it
- the Christian life isn’t about mere information but LIVING it
- James 4:17 – Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.
You must practically live from your position in Christ
- 2 Peter 1:3 – seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.
- Ephesians 3:20-21 – Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
In Our Next Study Together …
I invite you to join me on this journey from the book of Ephesians to discover God’s eternal purpose, His plan for your
- The focus of our next study: Ephesians 4:1
- We will begin to look at how to live out our high and holy calling that Paul talks about in Ephesians 4:1.
- I encourage you to read through Ephesians a couple of times this week and focus specifically on Ephesians 4.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Ephesians” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series in Ephesians is a Christ-centered practical in-depth verse-by-verse study of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. Join NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) as he expositionally preaches from this incredible book – which will help you grow in your faith, gain greater intimacy with Jesus, and understand how to study God’s Word.
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. Deeper Christian equips Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
About NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson)
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the
Read more about him here.