Consider this your tour or starter guide for deeperChristian. There are hundreds of posts since 2009 to explore, but this is a great place to get started.
What I Write About
Articles – often longer posts on a particular topic or concept. A list of topics I have written about is listed below.
Bible Studies – dive deeper into Jesus (the Living Word) by diving deeper into Scripture (the Written Word). These Bible Studies are taken from my personal study in the Word. Many are written summaries of sermons preached, others are musings on the Word, but all are focused on Jesus.
How to Study the Bible – it is imperative that we as believers study the Word of God. I am a huge proponent of Saturation Bible Study (click here to learn more), and each week I want to help you understand how to get the most out of your study time through concepts, examples, hints, and practical advice.
Jesus in the Old Testament – every page of Scripture points to Jesus, and He is the key to fully understanding the Old Testament. “Threads of Redemption” are strung throughout the Old Testament, giving insight and revelation to Jesus and His work upon the Cross that was fulfilled in the New Testament.
Biographies – men and women who live the deeper Christian life are often unheard of today. Yet such lives are testimonies to the glory, grandeur, and greatness of our King. When you read a biography of a Christian who journeyed the Narrow Way; was radically transformed and used by Jesus; and had deep, sweet intimacy with his Savior, it brings encouragement and conviction to your own soul. Each month I release a bio-sketch of a Christian from the legends of yesteryear.
Ramblings – a place for random musings, thoughts, quips, and other nonsense. Think of the “Ramblings” section as a mixture of shorter articles, thoughts, quotes, etc.—a location to file a post that doesn’t fit within another category.
Guest Posts – though we do feature posts by people alive today, many of the guest posts are from voices tried and true throughout history. These men and women of God not only talked about the deeper Christian life, they lived it. Here is a list of some of the most popular guest authors (click to see a list of their posts – coming soon!):
- Andrew Murray
- Samuel Brengle
- Oswald Chambers
- EM Bounds
- AW Tozer
- T. Austin-Sparks
- William Booth
- CT Studd
- Major Ian Thomas
News & Updates – a collection of updates, information, news, and the like. This is the place where you would go to find out about the monthly book giveaway, upcoming conferences, and other recommendations and news.
The 15 Most Popular Posts
- The Purpose of Bible Study
- 5 Types of Bible Studies
- Leaving a Legacy of No Darkness
- Stop Doing Devotions and Do This …
- Six Must Read Biographies
- 13 Questions for the New Year
- The Downfall of David
- 21 Questions to Ask Yourself Daily
- What comes out of you when you’re squeezed?
- Biography Sketch: Major Ian Thomas
- The Secret to Keep Yourself From Sin
- What to do when you’re having one of “those” days
- 3 Questions to Ask During Bible Study
- What is Saturation Bible Study
You can also check out the deeperChristian archive for a list of every post I have written or use the search function below my picture in the sidebar to find other posts that might be of interest.
The 20 Most Popular Guest Posts
in no particular order
- A Challenge to Every Christian (Mrs. CT Studd)
- Breaking Up the Fallow Ground (Charles Finney – updated by Keith Green)
- What My Obedience to God Costs Other People (Oswald Chambers)
- The Intimacy of Christ’s Friendship (Andrew Murray)
- Who Cares? (William Booth)
- The Jellyfish Christian (JC Ryle)
- Prayer and Enthusiasm (EM Bounds)
- The Measure of Christ (T. Austin-Sparks)
- A New Principle (Major Ian Thomas)
- Continuous Revival (Norman Grubb)
- The Man (and Woman) God Uses (Samuel Brengle)
- Decreasing For His Purpose (Oswald Chambers)
- Praying Till We Pray (AW Tozer)
- True Godliness (Gerhard Tersteegen)
- Is It Possible? (James Smith)
- Temptations (Francois Fenelon)
- Aggressive Christianity (Catherine Booth)
- You are the Branches (Andrew Murray)
- Directions for Hating Sin (Richard Baxter)
- Picture of a Prophet (Leonard Ravenhill)
Have a particular topic of interest? If you don’t see it in this list, you can click the SEARCH bar to see if we have it … or send us an email with the idea. Who knows? You might see a future post on your topic/question. Here is a list of topics we have written about so far:
- Character of God
- Christian Living
- Dependency / Abiding
- How to Study the Bible
- Intimacy with God
- Masculinity / Femininity
- Ministry / Missions
- Sin / Salvation
- Spirit-Empowered Life
- The Bible
- Threads of Redemption (seeing Jesus in the Old Testament)
- Victory & Triumph