In this episode, we continue our mini-series on five ways to grow in your spiritual life—with a focus on evangelism and the importance of sharing Jesus with the world around you.
I want to talk about the “volcano effect” and what happens when you get to know Jesus (truth) and the passion and enthusiasm that comes out of your life.
We will also discuss three ways you can begin to Share Jesus with the world around you.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 6 Overview
In this episode, we continue our series looking at the fourth pillar of spiritual growth: share Jesus. You will learn …
- about the “volcano effect”
- that truth is meant to be shared
- why truth isn’t a limited resource but more like an endless aquifer that never runs dry
- 3 ways to share Jesus with the world around you in the everyday moments, evangelism, and purposeful mentoring of others
- why you should always have something to share with those around you
Show Notes / Additional Resources
3 Ways to Share Jesus With the World Around You
- Everyday moments. Far too many of us excuse ourselves from sharing Jesus because we don’t have a formal opportunity to do so. Yet some of the best conversations and discussions happen not in a classroom or from a pulpit, but in everyday living. Take advantage of meal times, phone conversations, and any other opportunity God lays before you to share Him and His marvelous truth with those around you.
- Evangelism. Though the word “evangelism” causes fear for many Christians, in its most basic form, evangelism is simply telling someone else about how Jesus has transformed your life. If what we have in the Christian life is in fact “Good News,” why would we want to keep it to ourselves? Evangelism doesn’t have to be a complicated or formal activity we do, but it should be a part of our everyday lives. Most of us encounter numerous people every day, and each instance is an opportunity to glorify Jesus Christ, share what He has done in our lives, and articulate the Gospel and the transforming relationship that Jesus wants to have with them.
- Purposeful Mentoring. There are people all around us who would love to have someone invest and pour into their lives. I have been greatly impacted by mentors in my own life and have found indescribable value in mentoring others. Whether it be through weekly coffee shop meetings, a monthly phone call, or random lunches together, find someone (preferably of your own gender) and begin to share Jesus and His Word with them.
Other Great Resources To Go Deeper
- Book: 5 Pillars of Christian Growth
Join the Conversation
Question: What is the greatest struggle you face in sharing Jesus with others around you?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.