Summer is a great time to pick up a good book and be encouraged, edified, and pressed unto Jesus Christ.
In this episode, I want to give five books (or authors) that you should consider reading this summer.
For specific book recommendations, check out the “additional resources” section below for links to the books on Amazon.
- AW Tozer – for depth and theology
- Andrew Murray – for the devotional life
- Missionary Biography – for an example of faith and surrender
- Christian Fiction – for edifying fun
- A “Daily Devotional” – for daily spiritual enrichment
Listen to and Download the Episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
Resources to help you read the Bible
- 5 Creative Ways to Read the Bible This Year That WON’T Be Boring
- Why This Is The Best Time To Start A Bible Reading Plan
- 10 Ways to read the Bible
- Charles Spurgeon on How to Read the Bible
- Charles Spurgeon’s Simple Secret to Enjoy Reading Your Bible
- The Necessity of Reading the Bible Daily (JR Miller)
5 Books (or Authors) You Should Read This Summer
- AW Tozer for Depth and Theology
- Andrew Murray for the Devotional Life
- Missionary Biography for an example of Faith and Surrender
- Christian Fiction for Edifying Fun
- A “Daily Devotional” Book for Daily Spiritual Enrichment
Want more book recommendations? Check out my list.
Join the Conversation
Question: What is one of your favorite books that you’d recommend to me?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast”
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as iTunes uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.