Do you live with eternity in view?
Leonard Ravenhill was famous for quoting Jonathan Edwards when he said: “O God, stamp eternity upon my eyeballs.”
What if we as Christians saw the value in every moment of our day and lived unto the glory of Jesus Christ with the 1440 minutes God has given us today?
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 17 Overview
In this episode, you will be reminded that every moment of our lives matter and that we must live with eternity in view (or as Leonard Ravenhill would say “with eternity stamped upon our eyeballs”).
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Psalm 90:12 – So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
- Psalm 39:4 – O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is!
- The Bible also says in Ecclesiastes 6.12 that life is like a shadow that only temporarily appears. And in Job 14.2 it says that life is like a flower that flourishes then quickly withers and fades.
- “O God, stamp eternity on my eyeballs.” – Leonard Ravenhill quoting Jonathan Edwards
- When you’re safe on eternity’s shore will you wish you could live your life o’er? When He asks for the fruit of your labors will you offer Him idle hands? – Anonymous
- Oh to fully realize the littleness of time and greatness of eternity! – Thomas Chalmers (Scottish minister in late 1700s)
Join the Conversation
Question: What is one way you purposefully live in light of eternity?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.