For many people in the modern church, the Gospel is unknowingly missing a key piece. They believe Jesus came to earth, died, and rose again, but that is where most of them stop the Gospel. But the Gospel is SO MUCH MORE.
In this episode, we talk about what the missing piece of the Gospel is and how significant it is to our understanding of Scripture and the power of God in our lives.
Listen to or download the episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Hebrews 2:3a – … how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 – He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- William Law [summarized] – The purpose of the cross wasn’t merely forgiveness; the purpose of the cross was Pentecost.
- Ian Thomas [summarized] – God’s agenda wasn’t merely to get you into heaven but to get heaven inside of you.
- Ian Thomas – You can’t but He never said you could. He will and He always said He would.
- Ian Thomas – The moment you come to realize that only God can make a man godly, you are left with no option but to find God, and to know God, and to let God be God in and through you.
Join the Conversation
Question: How has the fullness of the Gospel affected and changed your life?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
About the Deeper Christian Podcast
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. The Deeper Christian Podcast helps equip Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
Whether you want to learn how to study God’s Word, grow in your faith, cultivate a powerful and effective prayer life, share the Gospel boldly, deepen your intimacy with Jesus, live victoriously, or transform the world through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit, the Deeper Christian Podcast with NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) will encourage and equip you to grow spiritually and live a Christ-centered life.