Brother Andrew passed away this past week (September 27, 2022) at age 94. This man of God is best known for his work smuggling Bibles past the Iron Curtain, as recorded in the incredible book God Smuggler.
Though Brother Andrew is gone, his legacy and the exhortation of his life remain.
In this episode, we remember his life and are exhorted to live a radical Christian life.
Listen to or download the episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Bible Smuggler Prayer: “When You were on earth, You made blind eyes see. Now, I pray, make seeing eyes blind. Do not let the guards see those things You do not want them to see.” – Brother Andrew in God’s Smuggler
- “I am a fool for Christ … Whose fool are you?” – Brother Andrew in The Narrow Road: Stories of Those Who Walk This Road Together
- “The bigger the darkness, the easier it is to spot your little light.” – Brother Andrew in God’s Smuggler
- “That’s the excitement in obedience, finding out later what God had in mind.” – Brother Andrew in God’s Smuggler
- “Our prayers can go where we cannot … there are no borders, no prison walls, no doors that are closed to us when we pray.” – Brother Andrew in And God Changed His Mind
- When asked if he had any regrets about his life, Brother Andrew said, “If I could live my life over again, I would be a lot more radical.”
- “The world has yet to see what God can do with a man fully yielded to Him.” – DL Moody quoting Henry Varley
- Other recommended books by Brother Andrew
Join the Conversation
Question: How has the life of Brother Andrew encouraged and convicted you?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
About the Deeper Christian Podcast
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. The Deeper Christian Podcast helps equip Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
Whether you want to learn how to study God’s Word, grow in your faith, cultivate a powerful and effective prayer life, share the Gospel boldly, deepen your intimacy with Jesus, live victoriously, or transform the world through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit, the Deeper Christian Podcast with NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) will encourage and equip you to grow spiritually and live a Christ-centered life.