Look back since summer started. How far has your spiritual life progressed?
Have you taken measurable steps forward into greater intimacy with Jesus Christ, knowing His Word, and living the victorious Christian life?
If not, it’s likely because you haven’t been intentional.
And I want to give you an excuse for intentional living.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 27 Overview
In this episode, you will …
- discover why we only grow when we live intentionally
- hear a physical example of a spiritual principle
- gain a simple idea (exercise) that will help you begin to live intentionally
Show Notes / Additional Resources
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- 1 Timothy 4:8 – For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
- Hebrews 10:36 – For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise …
- Hebrews 12:1-2 – Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- 2 Peter 1:3 – … as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, …
Resources & Mentions in this Podcast:
- His Little Feet Ministry
- deeperChristian Free Resources
- Book: 5 Pillars of Christian Growth (free download | Amazon link for paperback version)
Join the Conversation
Question: What area in your spiritual life do you have the most difficulty being intentional in?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.