Superlatives are my favorite types of words. They spice up a sentence and make things over-the-top and grand.
And it seems that Paul the Apostle loved a good superlative as well – for he often used them in reference to the grandeur of Christ or the richness of God’s grace.
In this expositional study in the book of Ephesians, Nathan Johnson (NRJohnson) examines Ephesians 1:7-8 and looks at the waterfall of grace that God has lavishly poured upon us in all wisdom and insight.
May we as Christians live under the downpour of God’s grace.
Listen to and Download the Lesson
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Ephesians” or clicking the button below.
A Simple Bible Study Resource
Key Passage: Ephesians 1:7-8
Ephesians 1:2 – “In Him we have redemption through His blood and the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished on us in all wisdom and insight, …”
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones [on grace] – “This theme obviously filled the mind and the heart of this great Apostle. It was something that ravished his heart. As Philip Doddridge assures us, grace was to him ‘a charming sound, harmonious to the ear.’ It ravished [Paul’s] heart and moved his entire being. He never mentions “grace” without going into some kind of ecstasy. The word always calls forth his superlatives. It had so gripped him and amazed him and moved him that he could scarcely control himself.”
- NIAGARA FALLS
• The height of the falls is between 50-188 feet depending on where you are at.
• Amount of water, 681,750 gallons of water per second flow over the Horseshoe Falls portion of Niagara.
• The water falls at 32 feet per second over the Falls, hitting the base of the Falls with 2,509 tons of force at the Horseshoe Falls
In Our Next Study Together …
I invite you to join me on this journey from the book of Ephesians to discover God’s eternal purpose, His plan for your
- Focus of our next study: Ephesians 1:3
- We will examine the 3 words for “blessing” found in Ephesians 1:3
- I encourage you to read through Ephesians a couple of times this week and focus specifically on the blessing section found in Ephesians 1:3-14.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series
The Deeper Christian Bible Study Series in Ephesians is an in-depth verse-by-verse study of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. These studies will guide you through this life-changing book of the Bible and give you practical application to help you grow in your faith, gain greater intimacy with Jesus, experience the victorious Christian life, and help you build your life around Jesus Christ.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the
Read more about him here.