Knowing that God is faithful becomes a foundation, a bedrock, for our faith.
In order to trust and put our hope and faith in Christ, we must know that He is unchanging and that He is constant, steadfast, unmovable, resolute, and sure – in short, we need to know He is faithful.
And once we know and remember that our God is faithful, then how we live as Christians will change for it can be built upon the One who does not change.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- God is Faithful = He is constant, unchanging, steadfast, unmovable, resolute, and sure
- Great is Thy Faithfulness: Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father, There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided— Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
- Malachi 3:6 – For I am the LORD, I do not change …
- In Hebrew, faith, faithfulness, belief, and truth are all interconnected and come from same root word (related to our word “amen”). Faithfulness conveys the idea of “strengthen,” “support,” or “hold up.” The concept gives the sense of “firmness,” “constancy,” or “trustworthiness” with the notion to firmly support as the bedrock for faith. In other words, to be faithful is to be reliable so as to be depended upon. As a physical example, this word is used for the pillars (doorposts) that support the doors in the temple (see 2 Kings 18:16). Spiritually, it bespeaks of God’s unchanging character, nature, and promises.
- Psalm 136 – For His mercy endures forever (can be translated mercy, lovingkindness, faithfulness)
- Deuteronomy 7:9 – Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments …
- Isaiah 49:7 – … Because of the Lord who is faithful, The Holy One of Israel; And He has chosen you.
- 2 Timothy 2:13 – If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24 – He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.
Join the Conversation
Question: How does knowing God as faithful change your life?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast”
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as iTunes uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.