The Ravi Zacharias situation is a sober reminder to the body of Christ – we must not hide sin nor take sin and darkness lightly.
In this episode, I talk about the sober warning God gave my soul this week as I heard the report of Ravi – but rather than focus on what he did, I want us to be reminded of what the Word of God says about living upright and holy lives.
It is possible in the authority and grace of Jesus to walk in obedience and live holy, blameless lives – we are to walk in light as He is in the light – so let this be a sober warning and reminder to us all not to hide sin, but to expose it, repent, and to seek His face.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Show Notes / Additional Resources
- Listen to Mike Winger’s overview of what to do with the Ravi Zacharias situation on Bible Thinker’s Youtube Channel.
- Download the Holy Club of Oxford questions
- Listen to episode 190: Stop and Examine Yourself!
- 7 Awful Steps Downward & 7 Glorious Steps Upward (and a bio sketch of John & Betty Stam)
Scriptures Used in the Episode
- Acts 5:1-11 – Ananias and Sapphria
- Acts 5:5 – So great fear came upon all those who heard these things.
- Acts 5:11 – So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things.
- Ephesians 5:3 – But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints …
- 1 John 1:5 – This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
- Colossians 1:12-14 – … giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
- Ephesians 1:4, 7 – … just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, … In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace …
- 1 Timothy 4:12 – Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
- 2 Corinthians 13:5 – Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.
- Other Bible passages briefly mentioned: 1 Corinthians 6:19, Romans 12:1-2, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Psalm 139:23-24
Join the Conversation
Question: How is God giving you a holy sobriety for how to live in this season of life.
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out …
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
About the Deeper Christian Podcast
Many Christians feel frustrated because they don’t grow spiritually. The Deeper Christian Podcast helps equip Christians to understand the Word of God and cultivate a passionate love for Jesus that turns the world upside down.
Whether you want to learn how to study God’s Word, grow in your faith, cultivate a powerful and effective prayer life, share the Gospel boldly, deepen your intimacy with Jesus, live victoriously, or transform the world through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit, the Deeper Christian Podcast with NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) will encourage and equip you to grow spiritually and live a Christ-centered life.