A visit to Israel shouldn’t just be on your bucket list, it should be a serious consideration for every Christian. In today’s podcast, I want to give you four good reasons why you should take not merely a tourist trip but a “Bible Study Tour” to Israel.
Not only will a Bible Study Tour to Israel radically change the way you read the Bible, it will also change your life.
Listen to and Download the Episode
4 Reasons Why You Should Take a Bible Study Tour to Israel
- The Bible comes alive as you walk the streets and read Scripture in the places it happened. There is nothing like walking where Jesus, the disciples, King David, and most of the Bible characters lived and walked. Consider a “once-in-a-lifetime” experience of …
- a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee
- walk through Hezikiah’s tunnel in Jerusalem that he dug while surrounded by the Assyrians — considered one of the greatest works of water engineering in ancient history
- float in the Dead Sea (the lowest point on earth)
- pray in the Garden of Gethsemane
- take communion at the tomb of Jesus
- stand atop Mt. Carmel where Elijah stood against the prophets of Baal
- stand in the middle of history as you gaze out at the Valley of Armageddon and realize all that took place there in the Scriptures and that Revelation states that a final battle is still to happen there
- See the faithfulness of God … not only is modern Israel a miracle … but as you see and remember all God has done throughout Scripture (while standing in many of its places) you can’t help see His faithfulness
- Great opportunity to get away from normal life and seek the Lord afresh
- You will never be the same again. Reading Scripture is different. You’ll have a greater understanding of history. Know Jesus deeper. Gain a greater hunger for His Word.
Join the Conversation
Question: What is one reason you’d love to visit Israel?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.