A study of Christian history reveals the importance of reading the Bible corporately.
In this episode, we take that to heart by reading a selection from Psalm 119 and talk about God’s commission to love, delight, and meditate upon His Word.
Listen to and Download the Episode
Episode 38 Overview
In this episode …
- we discuss how Christians throughout history read the Bible corporately (publicly / out loud)
- we read Psalm 119 and talk about delighting, loving, and meditating upon God’s Word
- we listen to a clip from A.W. Tozer’s sermon He Must Increase
Show Notes / Additional Resources
Recommended Audio Bibles
- *NKJV: Word of Promise [Dramatized] (ChristianAudio)(Audible)
- *KJV [Dramatized] (ChristianAudio)(Audible)
- *KJV read by Christopher Glyn (ChristianAudio)(Audible)
- ESV read by Max McLean (Audible)
- ESV read by David Cochran Heath (ChristianAudio)
- KJV read by David Cochran Heath (ChristianAudio)(Audible)
- KJV read by Alexander Scourby (ChristianAudio)
- KJV read by Max McLean (ChristianAudio)(Audible)
- NKJV read by Bob Souer (Audible)
- NIV read by David Suchet (ChristianAudio)(Audible)
Join the Conversation
Question: Are there any topics or concepts you’d like to hear on the podcast?
Leave a response or ask a question and we will try to address it in a future episode.
The difficulty with podcasts is that they are one-sided—so each week I ask one question for you to participate in the conversation. Head over to the deeperChristian Facebook page to leave a comment and join in the conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe on your favorite app by searching for “Deeper Christian Podcast” or clicking the button below.
Help Others Out –
Leave a Rating & Review on Apple Podcasts (formerly called iTunes)
If you enjoyed the show, please take 30 seconds and rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. This would be a tremendous blessing to help us get the word out to others who might also enjoy it—as Apple uses the rating and reviews in their searches to help other people find the show.
About NRJohnson & the Deeper Christian Podcast
NRJohnson (Nathan Johnson) is a Christian who has an overwhelming passion for Jesus, the Gospel, and Studying God’s Word. He is a writer, teacher, and communicator who helps other believers understand and apply the Bible as they grow and mature in their faith—desiring that they gain greater intimacy with Christ, experience the victorious Christian life, and transform the world through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. Read more about him here.
The Deeper Christian Podcast is the podcast to help you study God’s Word, know Jesus intimately, and discover how you can build your life around Jesus Christ. This weekly audio program, hosted by NRJohnson, dives into Scripture and encourages Christians to keep their focus upon Jesus Christ—equipping believers in how to study the Bible and know God’s Word, grow in their spiritual lives, and change the world. Main discussion topics center around practical advice on Christian living, Bible study, prayer, the Gospel, freedom from sin, evangelism and how to share your faith, the Christian disciplines, and the lives and messages from the Christian heroes from yesteryear such as A.W. Tozer, Charles Spurgeon, Major Ian Thomas, Oswald Chambers, Hudson Taylor, Amy Carmichael, Corrie Ten Boom, C.T. Studd, George Müller, Andrew Murray, Leonard Ravenhill, E.M. Bounds, and others. Learn more about the deeper Christian life.