It may sound rather obvious but as a Christian you need to be a man or woman of the Word.
I’m not talking about “a chapter a day keeps the devil away” kind of reading. I’m also not referring to the notion of picking and choosing some “cute stories” that you read like you would find in a children’s picture Bible.
I’m talking about . . .
- soaking within its pages so that the Word of God permeates your life (i.e.: Saturation Bible Study)
- reading through the Word on a consistent basis so you have the overarching context of Scripture
- having a plan where you are not only studying specific passages and topics but are diligently and purposefully reading through the Word
- stop doing devotions and do this
- memorizing Scripture so it’s always on your heart and mind
- reading Scripture not for information but for the purpose of knowing Jesus Himself
- asking yourself these 3 questions to help you dive deeper into the Word
So what are you doing reading this post? I’m honored, really. And I’d love you to peruse its pages by clicking on some of the links above, but it would truly all be for not if you don’t go grab your Bible and dive into the dark chocolate richness of the Word and allow Jesus to take you deeper. What are you waiting for?